Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Dimension 4700 BIOS Mod ...pleading my case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi need a cpu microcode update on my dell 4700 to run intel pentium d

Bios for 4700 ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/D4700A10.EXE

donor bios ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/D9100A03.EXE

Socket LGA775 Bus 800...Thanks
Sorry, but as Dell bioses are their own and not a standard award/ami/phoenix, we can not mod them as there is no way of unlocking them.

TheWiz
(01-14-2010, 06:37 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but as Dell bioses are their own and not a standard award/ami/phoenix, we can not mod them as there is no way of unlocking them.

TheWiz

OK Thanks..
I have a Dell Dimension 4700 ( the standard micro ATX version, not the smaller "c" variant ), and I have had it since the day it came out. It was my first new computer, my first was an Optiplex GX150. I love my 4700; we have been through two divorces and several moves together. I have replaced darn near everything in it to make it modern and faster, but let's face it: Prescott Pentium 4 CPUs are crap and everyone knows this. So what I want to do is tell the BIOS to recognize a Pentium 4 661 Cedar Mill SL94V CPU as my 4700's final upgrade. I've seen that a BIOS mod is possible, but Im out of my league there. It would mean a lot to me if someone could help me in that regard. I'd even float you 20 bucks or something through Paypal upon confirmation of it working successfully just to compensate you in some small way for your time and skill. This is strictly sentimental value; my 4700 is like a member of my family, and I'm not ready to retire it yet. Thank you.