Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock Phoenix Fail Safe 16 digit key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi 4 every one, its my first problem post, a few weeks ago i buy a Intel mobo DQ965GF on a garage sale(used mobo), i put an older hardware on it, but, when i push the power button the first thing i see its a message: Enter Phoenix Bios Fail Safe 16 Digit key...WTF!!!!!, no bios post or something, no option to enter in bios setup, no option to press a Esc, Del, F2, F9, F8, F11, F12 or similar function, its no mode to get into bios setup or win Os options. I try to get off the battery but no work, and i see in the mobo a differen bios figure, its very small and have a 8 pins. How can i Unlock this bios, or an a better way, find an original bios chip, thanks for your help.

Intel DQ965GF
BIOS identifier CO96510J.86A
jeeman,

Unfortunately, this is a Phoenix technology designed to prevent people from stealing hardware/notebooks/netbooks. Without the sticker containing the key it will be nearly impossible to remove it unless you re-flash the BIOS using an external programmer. Is the chip removable?

Regards,
TheWiz
yes the chip its removable, i try to put another phoenix bios chip, but dont work, i'm gonna close the thread, thanks for your time and help.
Hello ,

I wish to get some advice of how to unlock my computer of the 16 digit that is required, after using Windows 7 Starter up dates on my Samsung N150 Netbook.

After the down loads were completed, it rebooted and then this msg came up asking for the Failsafe Key ..... !

I never knew the Netbook had a failsafe loaded and neither did the company explained to me that is was also loaded.

What is the best way I can get this machine working again .. ??

Regards Daryl.
[/font]