Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Challenge Unlock Phoenix Dell T7400 Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am in my sixty's. Very happy with my two Dell T7400's. However decided to upgrade them. My other thread says it all.

My feeling is that though the last Bios update from Dell Aprill 2012 AO11 seems to allow for more processors to work in the Unit. Something in the Bios prevents these processors to work in pairs. The recommended processors are just way to expensive.

So BSEL moding works. If just installing one cheap in cost Xeon. But getting the performance of the much more expensive processors-but not a pair with that easy straightforward mod.

Figure it is in the Bios the issue. Perhaps some one
can unlock this Bios? Apparently some of these Xeon's are also un-locked as far as the multiplier. Maybe some over clock options could be added to the Bios. Volt mods?

A lot of these computers are coming off lease and are relatively inexpensive used.
They can be a "good" poor mans Mac Pro these Beasts. Plenty of used Cl5 server ram cheap. Server PC 6400 FBDimm seems to be available from time to time on Ebay that will work in the Unit. Bought some recently. Upgraded my Dell 490s with all the extra PC 5300 FBDIMMS !

In a few years will upgrade again. Prices will be cheap on the T7500 boards and the Xeons that go into that socket package LOL ! Same chassis. A note. You can get a T7400/T7500 mother board into a T690 case. Just a few issues arise LOL !Big Grin

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-De...Rom?page=2