Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Help] Rom Write Protected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all...
i've a chinese tablet (THD PX1 Based)
i've the 3G card locked by bios
i've download serg008bios but my bios is write protect
after a lot of searches i've found the problem:
my bios is a "MIXC 25l8005 CMOS SERIAL FLASH"
this is the datasheet
http://www.datasheet.co.kr/datasheet-htm...C.pdf.html
my request is:
according to datasheet the 3 pin is WP# (write protection) there is a way to enable write? maybe with a bridge? desolder pin? thanks
I didn't look at your datasheets, but the first thing I would do is try connect pin 3 to GND with a resistor (10K maybe).
i've tried with screwdriver but no luck now i'm tring with a resistor
another problem is that i've two 25l8005...

correct datasheet download link
10k resistor fail....
i've desolder WP# no luck Sad
i could try to do a brigde from WP# and VCC??
(10-26-2012, 03:05 PM)MarcoMjet Wrote: [ -> ]i've desolder WP# no luck Sad

Most SPI Flash has WP and HOLD set as Active Low. Which means if you want a HOLD condition, 0=HOLD or WP set, 0=Protected. You would tie VCC into WP to allow the WREN command. On this particular chip you also have a (Status_Reg_Write_Disable)SRWD bit which acts as a software type protection. If WP=1=VCC then you can use (Write_Status_Reg)WRSR to set the SRWD bit. Check table 4 in your datasheet. Typically these chips are pulled from circuit and programmed externally.
(10-27-2012, 04:41 PM)akuma6099 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012, 03:05 PM)MarcoMjet Wrote: [ -> ]i've desolder WP# no luck Sad

Most SPI Flash has WP and HOLD set as Active Low. Which means if you want a HOLD condition, 0=HOLD or WP set, 0=Protected. You would tie VCC into WP to allow the WREN command. On this particular chip you also have a (Status_Reg_Write_Disable)SRWD bit which acts as a software type protection. If WP=1=VCC then you can use (Write_Status_Reg)WRSR to set the SRWD bit. Check table 4 in your datasheet. Typically these chips are pulled from circuit and programmed externally.
thank u man, i'll try to make a bridge from VCC to WP with a 10/100 k resistor, then if doens't work i'll buy a programmer... like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-EEPROM-25-SPI...ltDomain_0&hash=item23237b9c49
I've seen that programmer around but never tried it. Personally, I use the BlackCatUSB. It had a name change to FlashCatUSB. If your willing to spend $30.00 it is well worth it. Havn't ran into a chip it doesn't support yet. Always being updated. Easy UI. Includes custom scripting support for unknown chips. supports a few NANDS and JTAG protocol.

http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB/

I would also get a Pomona 5250 8-pin SOIC Test clip unless you have a socket or breakout board already. And a Bus Pirate Cable to hook Flashcat->Test Clip. A couple jumpers for HOLD and WP.....