Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Dimension 2400, Via VT6410 RAID Option ROM request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Via VT6410 PCI IDE RAID card. This card is supposed to be bootable. However, my Dell Dimension 2400 BIOS doesn't recognize the card. I found an article explaining that the fix for this problem is to add the controller's BIOS to the system BIOS. The article explains how to do this on computers with AMI BIOS using the AMIBCP BIOS Editor. I can't find any info or software that will do this for Dell BIOS. Apparently, Dell uses some kind of modified Phoenix BIOS.

I ran the BIOS updater (D2400A05.EXE) with the -writeromefile and -writehdrfile options. I tried to use the Phoenix BIOS editor from this site to open D2400A05.rom and D2400A05.hdr, but no luck.

I attached these relevant files:
[attachment=4536] Dell BIOS update file[attachment=4543][attachment=4544] the VIA BIOS firmware [attachment=4542] How to add VT6410 to AMI BIOS

I need to be able to boot off of this RAID card. Please modify my Dell Dimension A05 BIOS to add the VT6410 module.

Thanks.