Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway FX6800 (TBGM01)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thank you very much.

Just tried this again. Plugged inthe flash drive then booted to it. Entered the command: aufdos bios.rom /P /B /N /C /E /K /Q /REBOOT then hit enter and nothing. All I got was a new prompt to do it again. I think I may have other issues. Every picture I have seen of this MOBO the Big BiOS chip had an AMI Label on it. The one in here has a silver Phoenix label although the BiOS shows as AMI. Oh well, I am already planning a build around a Core i7 2600k ( Sandy Bridge ). I may try to flash again, but will first redo the flashdrive. I formatted it to FAT and probably should have used FAT32.
OK. I have been playing with this thing with no success. I boot to Win 98 ( On the flashdrive ) enter the command at the prompt, the cursor flashes several times and I do see some activity on the flash drive ( it is transparent and i see the light flashing briefly ). Anyway, the cursor flashes for a bit, then the prompt comes back up again. Although I do have the TBGM -01 Motherboard. I am reasonably sure that that flash will not work. The label on my BiOS chip says Phoenix, although the BiOS says AMI when you enter it. I did get some more speed by upgrading from the 920 to a 960. Memory is stuck at 1066 Mhz though. The only thing I can figure is that the Flash utility may be no good for whatever reason. May try to flash through windows, but that is a whole other thing and I am in no hurry to attempt that at this time.
(02-02-2010, 02:01 PM)BewilderedStranger Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Still wondering where you came up with the B0 upgrade. I want to be sure that it is for the 6800-01e. I don't understand why when i punch in my serial number it only shows me the A4 upgrade. How did you come across the B0 Bios? Appreciate any assistance.

I think the whole things is A4 - B0 as that is the one I have in here.

(11-18-2009, 02:11 PM)mickcris Wrote: [ -> ]Motherboard Name Gateway TBGM01
BIOS Version R01-A4

http://support.gateway.com/support/drive...ram=FX6800

direct download:
ftp://esupport:vImvF88@ftp.gateway.com/p...2P161G.zip

Can someone please unlock this bios for overclocking please? I think it already has SLIC 2.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest BIOS,

There is a way to overclock your CPU, i have the same computer (FX6800-01e) and have found out that you can use setFSB to overclock your CPU but you will need extra cooling as the micro ATX board already runs extremely hot. if you get setFSB all you have to do is find the ICS number and input that into setFSB, which my ICS number was ICS9LPRS139AKLF, i dont know if you will have the same ICS number but i'm sure you do and by the way i'm am not responsible for any damages. setFSB just happened to let me OC my Core i7 920 to 3.1Ghz on stock cooling but remember the FX6800 runs really hot. I really hope this helps.

Updtae your Bios to R01 - B0 ( I Think, the version does end with B0 though ) Once done then go here: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ga...ios-Unlock
(06-05-2011, 02:15 PM)coastie65 Wrote: [ -> ]
Still wondering where you came up with the B0 upgrade. I want to be sure that it is for the 6800-01e. I don't understand why when i punch in my serial number it only shows me the A4 upgrade. How did you come across the B0 Bios? Appreciate any assistance.

BIOS Version R01-A4

direct download:

Can someone please unlock this bios for overclocking please? I think it already has SLIC 2.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest BIOS,

There is a way to overclock your CPU, i have the same computer (FX6800-01e) and have found out that you can use setFSB to overclock your CPU but you will need extra cooling as the micro ATX board already runs extremely hot. if you get setFSB all you have to do is find the ICS number and input that into setFSB, which my ICS number was ICS9LPRS139AKLF, i dont know if you will have the same ICS number but i'm sure you do and by the way i'm am not responsible for any damages. setFSB just happened to let me OC my Core i7 920 to 3.1Ghz on stock cooling but remember the FX6800 runs really hot. I really hope this helps.

Updtae your Bios to R01 - B0 ( I Think, the version does end with B0 though ) Once done then go here: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ga...ios-Unlock

(06-23-2011, 10:05 AM)coastie65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2011, 02:15 PM)coastie65 Wrote: [ -> ]

BIOS Version R01-A4

direct download:

Latest BIOS,

You mention it running a bit warm. I haven't found that to tbe the case, but have found that the Northbridge does get overly warm ( ran up to 110C in this thing ). I disabled Smart Fan and added a small fan to the heatsink over it. It runs about 75C now, but will get to around 82C when playing The Witcher 2 as that game is pretty demanding.

Ok. I am still at square 1. The flash drive boots fine. I enter the command and then there is nothing for a few seconds, then a new prompt opens on the next line. I am going to attach what my flash drive looks like ( all the hidden files are shown as well ).

Hi coastie65,

Can you please post what command you are using in DOS to try and flash?

Thanks,
TheWiz
(06-25-2011, 11:22 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi coastie65,

Can you please post what command you are using in DOS to try and flash?

Thanks,
TheWiz

Hey Wiz, Sorry , have been pretty busy on the forum I moderate. This is the command line I use:
afudos bios.rom /P /B /C /E /K /Q /REBOOT exactly as typed here.
I have been formatting the flash Drive to FAT. May try reformatting it to FAT32

BiOS version is R01 B0
For those who are having issues with the multiplier, The CPU multiplier is locked ( 21 in my 920 ( 2.8 Ghz ) & 25 in my 960 ( 3.34 GHz ) ). I believe in order to OC the CPU you have to work in bclck. You can raise the memory multiplier to 6 and get 1600 Mhz though. You can also raise the QPI from 4.8 to 6.4 on the processor.
Think I figured out what the problem was. I'll give it shot again when I have the Gateway hooked up again. I built a new rig in Sept. using the i7 2600k and ASUS P8Z68-VPro Motherboard. Got a bit tired of having my performance on the Gateway being bottlenecked by the ram. The Gateway, has been relegated to secondary back up computer, although it is a good one, but could be a bit better as far as the performance goes if I can get the BiOS unlocked.
Not Gonna happen. At least not through DOS, as the command line is no good. Will see if can manage it through Windows. Decided to try it when I had this Gateway up for updates. I built one in Sept. around an i7 2600k, so this is just a little side project to try and get the memory unlocked and up to speed.

[Image: 012.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12