Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (Rev 1.0) - SLIC 2.1 Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Modder,

Can someone add SLIC 2.1 to this BIOS :

Manufacturer : Gigabyte
Motherboard : GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
BIOS Ver : F8C
BIOS Type : Award
BIOS Link : http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/BI...5p_f8c.exe

If possible, I would like DELL SLIC since I already have Dell certificate. If not possible, it's ok I'll find the right certificate.

I'm trying also to find an howto, I don't want to nag you everytime there is a new BIOS for this motherboard. Si if someone can point me a howto, it would be appreciated.

thanks folks !

Edit : I have been noobalized, posted in wrong section, can't find the move function and cannot delete the post, always give me permission error. Please admin move it to the right section!!!!
Here you go , i used HP 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\hp.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt: slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
Work fine
thanks
Your Welcome = Please Consider a small donation to contribute to hosting and domain costs - we are looking at upgrading to a faster hositng plan

Regards
Admin
Hi, sorry but I'm kinda new to this. But from the research I've been doing, what is described here seems to be just the injection of a certificate and key into the OS, but no change is being done with the BIOS to add the SLIC 2.1. I have this motherboard which comes with SLIC 2.0. The only way I was able to activate was with a Loader which does what's been described here then the SLIC shows it's version 2.1.

So please, if anybody knows where to find or modify the BIOS for this motherboard to have SLIC version 2.1, please post with it.

BIOS F7 Link: http://america.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...d5p_f7.exe

Also, I tried that BIOS version F8C(beta)...all it did was continually blue screen my computer. So please, if you're going to modify any BIOS version, can you make it the F7 version. Thank you everyone for your time

Baseman
This Mod DOES HAVE SLIC 2.1

Use our download link provided along with the certificate and key instructions.

You will have the SLIC 2.1 , then you insert the cert and key

Regards
Admin
Ok I see that now since my post. Sorry for that. But I also stated that the BIOS version F8C(beta) was constantly blue screening my computer.

I was wondering if the BIOS version F7 could be modified to include the SLIC 2.1?? Link found above.

The BIOS you have already modified, and provided, I cannot use due to the blue screening problem.

Thanking you in advance

Baseman

P.S. I would like it if possible to have the certificate be the Gigabyte one as this is a Gigabyte mobo. Thanx.
Here you go , i used Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin