Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP DV7 6CL43 SP55375
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have downgraded my Bios from SP59755 (F.1b) to what it has currently SP55375 (f.12) and am wondering if it is possible to get the advanced menu unlocked? I tried flashing the bios from the repo that has unlocked menus but i end up getting black screen, and have to do a bios recovery. I used the SP55375.exe from the HP recovery thread and all is well my computer comes back.

I would like to do a little over clocking if possible, any help would be awesome.

Thank You.
Brock

My computer has a Intel i7 in it, if that matters.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/ftp2/pub/softpaq/sp5500...p55375.exe

There is 2 other bios v. that are newer that could be modded, which ever would be easiest i guess.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58987.exe - Which is F.1A
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59755.exe - Which is F.1B

After some reading on the forum, it seems sp55375 is a PITA to mod, so thought i would add a couple extras. I believe it is RSA signed, and have a recovery stick so am ok with that.

Also if there is another bios i could flash, or try i would be willing to do that. I have noticed there is ways force flash a different bios, changing some things in platform.ini and such, but would not know which Bios has a chance to work or not.