Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP 8530P 68PDV bios setup password enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry to botherr you all with my question but ...

the laptop is HP 8530p EliteBook currently on 68PDV Bios ( f.20 )
Laptop is currently BIOS PASSWORDED, ive found on the web that is stocked on a EEPROM and I might not be able to reset or crack it exept if I proceed to the dissembly of the board \ EEPROM and then use an eeprom reader to dump the bios and then edit it .. ( not familiar with it .. )

first of all , am i right ? if not .. please tell me how I could bypass it ..

Secondo .. the only reason why I need to access bios is to modify ONE SPECIFIC PARAMETER

"LAN SWITCHING" need to be ENABLED
We are deploying wifi in our hospital and we cant let people use the wired network at the same time of wifi so everyone laptop ( 132 so far.. ) has to be configured to enable auto lan switching. ( security issue according to our security analyst.. plus it might cause routing problem .. anyway .. )

Can it be done by moding the bios then reflash it using "undocumented insyde recovery bios procedure" ? if so .. how ?

I know how to flash it, but I have no clue WHAT line im suppose to mod using tools like ezh20 or phoenixtool 2.0 ...

please help .. it would be reall appreciated.
thank you and sorry for double post I figured it might be better if I started my own thread instead of hijacking one thats not mine.