Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP 2530p Whitelist Removal F.21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I foolishly updated to F.21 thinking that it would "fix" the problem where none of my PCI wireless cards were being detected. Then I come to read about this whitelisting b*llshit! THANKS A LOT HP!

Since I went to F.21, I can't use the patched F.20 available here because the firmware updater tells me that "what you have is newer". Unless someone knows a trick to overwriting newer with older?

I installed sp58174.exe from HP - available here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...sp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3782222&prodNameId=3782253&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-107954-1

I am hoping someone can help me remove the whitelist from this BIOS! I am also hoping it will let me update F.21 with F.21 (the same)?
Rather than [censored] around with trying to hack together my own de-whitelisted BIOS, I have decided to just purchase a supported card. I can get one off of eBay for $2.00 with free shipping. ;-)

So please disregard!