Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP DM1-3020us INSYDE BIOS and SSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already posted a similar request to the Insyde modding forum, and I may have gotten the wrong section, apparently, so I try again on this general page.

I bought a Sandisk 128GB SSD (micro should be Sandforce SF-2281) but, once installed to the laptop, the BIOS (Insyde, version F.13) won't even detect it.

This means, no HDD test can be performed (I get an error 3F0 and the message "Disk not exist", quoted exactly).

HP support said that the SSD "is blacklisted", which thing broght me to this forum, through google.

Therefore my question is: do I need an unlocked BIOS to access hidden options (such as AHCI) to make the SSD work, or should I get a No-WhiteList version? (the NWL bioses that I find here, looks like they are for WLAN card, which is not my case).

I think my BIOS is RSA signed (need confirmation on this, please) therefore I would like to be sure to pick the right modded BIOS so that it's worth taking the risk.

Laptop is HP DM1-3020us

Please help!