Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell latitude e6330 MEBx vpro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'am totaly noob in bios so sorry for any mistakes.

I have dell latitude e6330 laptop witch 3320m ivy bridge, qm77 chipset, and centrino lan card.

Unfortunetly person who buy it didn't make choice to turn on "vpro" function, yes dell i so stupid to make money of that.

Is there any chance to turn it on?

I see I can download newer bios from dell and this bios is the same for
vpro and non-vpro laptops so I think there is some kind of secret modinng need in laptop itself. Normally I have to press ctrl+p during boot to enter some kind of subbios for AMT/VPRO functionality but now I can't do this. It is turn off by dell and I have no idea how to turn it on.

Thanks for every simple or not simple help.
(02-02-2013, 10:16 AM)garecky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'am totaly noob in bios so sorry for any mistakes.

I have dell latitude e6330 laptop witch 3320m ivy bridge, qm77 chipset, and centrino lan card.

Unfortunetly person who buy it didn't make choice to turn on "vpro" function, yes dell i so stupid to make money of that.

Is there any chance to turn it on?

I see I can download newer bios from dell and this bios is the same for
vpro and non-vpro laptops so I think there is some kind of secret modinng need in laptop itself. Normally I have to press ctrl+p during boot to enter some kind of subbios for AMT/VPRO functionality but now I can't do this. It is turn off by dell and I have no idea how to turn it on.

Thanks for every simple or not simple help.

In the bios, go to the security section
Expand OROM Support
Click enable
ctrl-p will now work on the splash screen and there will be a MEBx option on the 1 time boot menu (f12 at spalsh screen).
(02-13-2013, 07:44 PM)lysinger Wrote: [ -> ]In the bios, go to the security section
Expand OROM Support
Click enable
ctrl-p will now work on the splash screen and there will be a MEBx option on the 1 time boot menu (f12 at spalsh screen).

No No this is not tha case, simply some sick Dell guys wont activate vpro if you don't buy the option, they simply don't instal MEBx console at all Sad

I have evert thing vpro proc, mobo, centrono lan, but no MEBx console after bios Sad