Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help w. CPU Fan speed on ASRock G41C-GS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, all! I'm from Russia, so forgive me for my english.
On this mobo in BIOS, in "H/W Monitor" has "CPU Quiet Fan" option, which activate "Target Fan Speed" profile with 3 possible modes: "Fast", "Normal" (may be "Medium") and "Slow". My CPU fan is PWM compatible and connected to mobo 4pin (CPU Fan) socket.
If i set "CPU Quiet Fan" in "Disabled" (or if i set it in "Enabled" and the "Target Fan Speed" is set on "Fast") my CPU fan rotate ~4500rpm and create a very big noise.
If i set "Target Fan Speed" in "Slow" my CPU fan rotate ~3800rpm and the noise is still very loud.
---
Question: how can i designate to this 3 modes ("Fast", "Medium" and "Slow") another values, that the CPU fan RPM was about ~1200, 1000, 800?
I have the very same motherboard.
Set the "CPU Quiet Fan" option to [Disabled], then download and install SpeedFan, assuming you use Windows as your OS.
I've been using it for this board to control the fan connected to the CPU_FAN1 header (4-pin, PWM) and it works very well.
Remember that the two other 3-pin fan headers are not controllable (CHA_FAN1 and PWR_FAN1), even though they show up on SpeedFan.
Here's a good guide to setup SpeedFan.