Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Epox 5ega+ memory remapping + MPU-401
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I need to unlock the memory remapping feature for this motherboard, since it doesn't support/show all the ram when 4 GB is installed on it. The motherboard specs states that it supports 4Gb but at the POST the bios shows only 2.75 Gb available (when a pci-e graphic card with 256 Mb ram is installed, so to say: 3Gb -256Mb), and Windows too, it states "4Gb (2.75 available)".
Furthermore, it seems that this motherboard doesn't have the MPU-401 midi i/o devices, despite the fact that it has an AC'97 realtek audio codec, the ALC850: I have another Epox motherboard (the 8rda6+pro) that has the same audio codec and it has the mpu-401 even settable on the bios. Is it possible to enable it on this bios/mobo?
BTW this 5ega+ is a socket 775 with intel 915G chipset and ICH6 (or ICH6R) southbridge.
I'll attach the latest bios available, that's the one already installed on it.
Thanks in advance!
Well, darn it, forget about remapping, I found that the chipset itself doesn't support it Sad
I hope there's a way at least to enable the (maybe hidden?) MPU-401 midi i/o device...
Thanks in advance.
(But why nobody answers here? What kind of forum is this? :\)