Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus A8V-VM SE PCI-Express initialization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, this isn't exactly a request for unlocking a bios, but for adding support for the latest Windows OS technology.
This motherboard is based on the chipset Via K8M890CE Northbridge and the infamous VT8237A southbridge, source of all the pain.
To make long story short, I just say that the device "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" (Hardware ID: VEN_1106 DEV_337B) that under Windows XP is called "Via Standard PCI to PCIE Bridge" when the Via Hyperion 4-in-1 drivers are installed, works ok under Win XP and Win XP x64, but under Windows 7 it changes its SUBSYSTEM with a random one under the Hardware ID at every cold boot, so windows thinks it's a new device, and the old one is "ghosted".
Under XP the SUBSYSTEM is 00000000 and under 7 (and maybe Vista but I can't try it 'til now) it's a random HEX number.
I found this thread on the via forums: http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33063 and tried to ask too, but nobody answer me.
I even tried to ask to Asus directly, but I'm sure they won't help me.
So you're my last hope. Sad
I attach the latest BIOS available, hoping that you know where to get the fix maybe from another motherboard with the same southbridge chipset, and integrate it.
Thanks in advance.