Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL Precision 690 microcode update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(01-21-2015, 02:36 AM)chris89 Wrote: [ -> ]Kindly download AIDA64 and go to [MOTHERBOARD] then to [BIOS] and list the [BIOS TYPE].

Thanks

AIDA64:

Motheboard:
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: 0MY171 Rev: A01
Chipset: intel 5000X Rev: 12
Southbridge: Intel 6321ESB Rev: 09

BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Phoenix
BIOS Version A08
System BIOS Date 04/25/08
Video BIOS Date 09/26/09

BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/pages/products
BIOS Upgrades http://www.aida64.com/bios-updates

Thank You.
My bios backup is attached.

To Extract Dell BIOS:
in command line:
FILE.EXE /writeromfile
or
FILE.EXE /writehdrfile

Thanks.
Thanks I'll look into and get back to you in a day or so.

Just an fyi adding microcode to Phoenix bios will be a nightmare and may result in an impossibility.

Thanks
(01-21-2015, 08:02 AM)henriquepena Wrote: [ -> ]My bios backup is attached.

To Extract Dell BIOS:
in command line:
FILE.EXE /writeromfile
or
FILE.EXE /writehdrfile

Thanks.

Hi~~friend!!

I wanna ask you some thing.
How do you backup your dell 690 bios?by a utility? or by
a hardware programer??

Although you can backup your machine bios,but how do you flash modified bios into
chip again??

If you have any method to flash your backup bios or you can flash dell's hdr file,i will try to help you out modified micro code.
Now i only know that "Dell Client Configuration Utility" can package HDR file to an autoplay update utility,but i don't have any dell's machine to verify my modification.
(01-21-2015, 09:12 PM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2015, 08:02 AM)henriquepena Wrote: [ -> ]My bios backup is attached.

To Extract Dell BIOS:
in command line:
FILE.EXE /writeromfile
or
FILE.EXE /writehdrfile

Thanks.

Hi~~friend!!

I wanna ask you some thing.
How do you backup your dell 690 bios?by a utility? or by
a hardware programer??

Although you can backup your machine bios,but how do you flash modified bios into
chip again??

If you have any method to flash your backup bios or you can flash dell's hdr file,i will try to help you out modified micro code.
Now i only know that "Dell Client Configuration Utility" can package HDR file to an autoplay update utility,but i don't have any dell's machine to verify my modification.

Hi, i'm using Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit, i need to find tools to flash in my 2x Dell Precision 690. I'm checking the DCCU to try repackage, but before i need an bios recovery method to revert in fail case.
The "Andy's Phoenix-Insyde-EFI SLIC Tool" can unpackage(in many files) the bios(A01-A08).
Can we use the SLIC mod way to add microcode and repackage the bios?
Thanks.
(01-21-2015, 01:16 PM)chris89 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I'll look into and get back to you in a day or so.

Just an fyi adding microcode to Phoenix bios will be a nightmare and may result in an impossibility.

Thanks

Any luck? I am willing to PAY for someone to add in just even the e5410 microcode for me. Smile
(02-13-2015, 02:02 PM)usedoak Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2015, 01:16 PM)chris89 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I'll look into and get back to you in a day or so.

Thanks

Any luck? I am willing to PAY for someone to add in just even the e5410 microcode for me. Smile

Yeah that's easier because phoenix can only allow xx amount of codes could be like 10 tops. It's the dumb bios limited space fault.

Are you 100% sure it would otherwise accept the cpu? sometimes you may wanna downgrade because there are new/ different micro codes in every revision because they have to delete old to add new on every revision so there may be a revision out there with your desired microcode in it already. Couldn't be for sure though.

I can probably compile and slip it in there for you if it all comes down to that and paypal is our friend.

MSG***
Hi friends, i tried E5410(SLANW - C0) using modded bios A07 and A08 with microcodes for 5400 series and my 2 Precision 690 (MY171 rev 01 and rev02)has result is:

Power ON
Fan ON
NO video
NO keyboard Led(PS/2 and USB)
LEDs 3 and 4 Solid + Power LED Green Solid.

Is this a electrical limitation? Maybe =(
Have you been able to post at all with this board? If not refer to the manual and make sure your modules are in the Dell Certified corresponding slots with the amount of sticks you have. Sometimes if the module is installed in the wrong slot configuration it will not post.

What I would do is to anyone testing if install ram corresponding to single cpu operation and install only 1 cpu. Make sure the one stick you use is in the proper slot that the manual specifies and install the one cpu.

The only thing I can think of otherwise is maybe it's a 54xx issue and may need to try 33xx Quad's like the X3320, X3321, X3350, X3360 chips. They are cheap so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try? I'd try the X3320 (6MB Cache) and X3353 (12MB Cache). Just one chip of each for testing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-X3210...ltDomain_0&hash=item27f75dc02f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Quad-Core-...ltDomain_0&hash=item5b0cdc6305

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-X3353...ltDomain_0&hash=item234aed3051

For instance Delidded says the T3400 has X38 and all 54xx processors are incompatible and all 33xx Quad's are basicly.

I'm working on adding micro-code so ensure the single module operation with one cpu for testing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8