Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Correct IP35-e 18beta errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
This is my first time on this forum, so please be kind - my question might seem stupid. Here goes:
I updated the bios on my Abit IP35-e board with the last and latest bios (18beta) to support my q9550 cpu. Everything runs fine, but this bios-version seems to have disabled voltage settings? I can adjust them in the bios just fine, but when entering windows, cpu-z shows that cpu vid is stock.

Is this something that you guys can remedy?

Regards,
Lars M
This could possibly be becauase its a beta bios - As its not a fully stable bios , they have stopped you messing with it!

Had a look at your bios and this seems to be the classic case of "The options were there till i installed xxxxx cpu"

This is not easy to remedy , sorry . Try contacting Abit or wait for the bios to come out of beta and see if it fixes the problem

Regards
Admin
(12-06-2009, 07:04 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]This could possibly be becauase its a beta bios - As its not a fully stable bios , they have stopped you messing with it!

Had a look at your bios and this seems to be the classic case of "The options were there till i installed xxxxx cpu"

This is not easy to remedy , sorry . Try contacting Abit or wait for the bios to come out of beta and see if it fixes the problem

Regards
Admin

Yes, but Abit filed for bankrupcy and has closed shop. It is highly unlikely that there will be any new bios releases from them. There is an 18Final bios, but it is older than 18beta and does not officially support E0 stepping cpu's.

Also, I had voltage adjustments available with the q9550 cpu and bios ver16, unfortunately it could only run the x8 multiplier and not the x8.5 - also the temps were way off which probably is due to the fact that bios16 does not officially support e0's.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it for me - I hoped that it might be fixable, but I'll just try and get used to running @stock settings.

Thanks again Smile
I have unlocked this bios for another member. I did unlock some CPU ratios and other OC options, so you may want to give it a look.

TheWiz
That sounds pretty awesome, is that bios compatible with E0's?
I have an important exam next week, so I can't play with my computer that much. But after that I'll be sure to try it out first thing Smile
I don't believe it is possible to add stepping, as I have only unlocked options, but you never know!

TheWiz
Well if it is based on the latest 18beta bios, it should support E0's.. I'm looking forward to messing with this bios Smile
Well, it is, so you are GOOD TO GO!

TheWiz