Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help with Insyde BIOS recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First, great forum. I loaded a modded BIOS (removed white list/menus unlocked) from here and everything worked great. Until I started fooling with things I should not have...

I messed up, I was messing with the settings in Advanced>Video Adapters in my Lenovo Y470 and now my laptop will not POST. I set it to, I think, PED instead of SG or IGFX.

Does anyone know how to get past this? I have tried everything I know (not much) to get past this besides trying to pull the CMOS battery (couldn't find it).

Please help, so I don't have a very expensive paper weight.

Any help is appreciated.
After searching in here some more. Will this http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...Bios-Flash work? I am going to give it a try after I get the kids to sleep.
Well, I tried the USB/Key combo method from above in addition to my attempt at a blind flash. Neither of which worked.I also just got done taking the y470 apart to see if I could remove the CMOS battery. The CMOS battery is soldiered to the board, or appears to be. So I don't know how to take it out to do a reset.

Please, does anyone else have any ideas that might help.? I have tried everything I can think of or find on google. At this point I don't know what to do to fix this and I would think it would doable. IDK