Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BIOS Updates Help, CPU Upgrade, and other fun.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so right now I have an MCP61PM-GM motherboard according to CPU-Z, it's an AM2 socket motherboard but from everywhere I've read so far, the motherboard should be compatible with AM3 socket processors. I recently purchased a Phenom II X6 1045T and installed it, when I booted up after no lights came on, nothing showed up on the screen, it just spun up. I removed the CMOS battery for a while, replaced it and tried again, and basically went through that whole song and dance of testing everything. Nothing worked, so I replaced my old processor (an Athlon X2 4050e) and it booted right up. So I have dug through the support on the eMachines website and I'm pretty sure eMachines forgot they even had a website because it looks pretty vacant... No BIOS updates... nothing.... I checked Gateways website for the specific motherboard and found no updates for the BIOS. I've looked at Phoenix's website as well but I still have failed to find any BIOS updates for this computer. I do know the risk of possible bricking my entire computer if a BIOS update goes south, so I'd really like to know if updating my BIOS with a "modded" BIOS would help at all. If it would add the compatibility I need for the Phenom, and possibly more features not offered in my current version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.