Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite C850 turns off after cpu upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all, sorry to be a leech. But I seem to have made a fool of myself by purchasing an i5 and Intel AC WiFi card for my work laptop, a:

Toshiba Satellite Pro C850-1FR (PSCBXE)

Both appear to be blacklisted (or rather not whitelisted) because the CPU (i5-2430M) is both within the power envelope and supported by the processor but the card is not recognised and post upgrade the laptop demonstrates the characteristic shutting down behavior.

Now my main priority is to get the CPU working, but if it is possible to support Ivy Bridge chips also that would be amazing. I would attempt the above myself but I am currently buried with work and as such I would be tremendously grateful to anyone who might assist me in this.
Install your native CPU (i3-2312M) and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
And tell S-spec of your i5-2430M. Is it SR04W?
greetings to the forum.

sorry if this topic is similar to others, but after read a lot, my doubts still remain.

please, only answer if it is to help.

my cpu is B830, sandy bridge
chipset HM70 Panther Point

Someone successfully upgraded the processor?

or

It is possibily update the bios to support i5 or i7 without reboot?

thank you for any support.
regards.
L.A.
Your laptop is based on HM70 chipset. HM70 has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
Only hub(HM70) replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.
The fastest supported CPU is Pentium 2030M.
(02-24-2017, 03:45 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]... solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.
The fastest supported CPU is Pentium 2030M.

first of all, thank you for your help.

so ... there is no way to change the bios to avoid that timer?

regards,
L.A.
No way
thank you DeathBringer.
Pages: 1 2