Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP dv7-4280us Semi-bricked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening,

I'm having some issues with my laptop. I performed a flash to an unlocked BIOS today (sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml.exe), and it worked fine initially.

After I changed a setting (Graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU), the system rebooted and hasn't been able to POST since. The power light is on, audio and wifi LEDs are orange, and no other lights come on, nor is there any video or backlights.

I've tried every fix I could find, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried Camiloml's flash drive with HP's BIOS files to recover, but with the Windows+B method, the flash drive comes on, blinks a few times, and turns off.

Any ideas?
(03-13-2013, 08:38 PM)Turaiel Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening,

I'm having some issues with my laptop. I performed a flash to an unlocked BIOS today (sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml.exe), and it worked fine initially.

After I changed a setting (Graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU), the system rebooted and hasn't been able to POST since. The power light is on, audio and wifi LEDs are orange, and no other lights come on, nor is there any video or backlights.

I've tried every fix I could find, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried Camiloml's flash drive with HP's BIOS files to recover, but with the Windows+B method, the flash drive comes on, blinks a few times, and turns off.

Any ideas?

I've found solution for you, yesterday I had finished recovering of my HP Pavilion dv7-4120er (XE276EA) after switching graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU. Please let me know in a reply if you still need to recover your BIOS
(02-25-2014, 01:13 PM)slackshot Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2013, 08:38 PM)Turaiel Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening,

Any ideas?

I've found solution for you, yesterday I had finished recovering of my HP Pavilion dv7-4120er (XE276EA) after switching graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU. Please let me know in a reply if you still need to recover your BIOS

I wound up recovering the BIOS last year by taking the chip off the board and writing it manually.

Thanks for the offer though!