Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Newbie - Samsung RV711 07PA Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

do I need to remove the passwords in bios before I copy and upload the bios backup file?

i have uploaded anyway regardless, so just let me know if i need to disable password

please unlock Big Grin

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJpb...SWVVQU1UQw

file too big for site upload! link valid til 26th March 2013
is this a waste of time I wonder?

I have updated my bios and fitted a new processor, gone from the not so good i3 to a nice i7.......its running smoothly....on some software that was running at 90-100% stuttering its now pretty stable at 50-60% so great stuff

thought I might be able to tweek graphics up from 64mb in bios

but someone has told me today that I risk frying my cpu for little gain, the chip has built in Intel HD Graphics, not that I need it really I just thought I might be able to increase it

but looks like im the only person on the planet that wants extra settings in the bios....sorry theres 1 other with a RV511.....so im either gonna guess it cant be done, or its a waste of time and a pointless exercise

but if anyone is thinking of upgrading there RV711 or RV511 this will show up as a successful upgrade or I would think RV411 would upgrade as well as long as its HM55 chipset (but don't hold me to that, do your own research first)

Model : Samsung RV711-A01UK
Original Chip : i3-380M
Upgrade : i7-640M
what you want? Unlock hidden menu in the BIOS?
if its possible, please