Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus eeePC Lamborghini VX6S Bios unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there i was wondering if someone could mod the bios of this machine in order to unlock further cpu options.

I examined the latest 501 bios version for this machine (available at the link below) with the AMIBCP 4.53 as i read about in another thread to check the bios strings list for any indication of possible options that could be unlocked.

The bios appears to have the hidden option to alter the cpu ratio in increments of 0.5. I'm unsure whether this would work with the system as i dont know if the D2700 atom in this machine has an unlocked multiplier but after unsuccessfully trying setFSB to up the cpu clock and abo (the creator of setFSB) being unable to modify the program to change the bus speed due to asus not releasing the datasheet for the particular ICS clockgen this uses i see the BIOS as the only remaining way of getting more power out of this machine.

This machine did come with the asus SHE like other eeepc's however it lacked the super performance mode which in other models provided a slight overclock - i dont know if this has any bearing on the issue or not.

The link to all the bios versions:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=20&m=Eee+PC+VX6S

Thanks in advance