Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Hi all. Newbie to this site and in need of help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=5112]Hi all,

I'm pretty savvy with PC's, but never messed with Bios stuff. Actually, not sure if this is really inside the BIOS or not, so please forgive me if this is the wrong spot to discuss this.

I work at a company where we have older tools that run 486 system still. We have one of our motherboard smoke, and I have to get a replacement computer. I purchased one at the local surplus store. When I plug in our drive, it works fine, but I really would like to remove the text in the System Diagnostic screen (Im guessing this is part of the bios?). See the attached picture. It shows the bios revision. The computer is a Vectra XM2 4/66, if that helps. I know this is minor, but it's kind of an annoyance and I'd like it so we don't have to see that every time we reboot.

I'm hoping this is the right forum to help me out. Thanks in advance!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

J
So, is this not a do-able thing? Just trying to understand what to tell my management. Basically, its something we are going to have to deal with.

Thanks again...