Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock Asus K52Jr [UNLOCKED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I was wondering if someone could unlock an advanced options menu in the bios? It is an Asus computer of course and im able to software OC my GPU so I suspect there may be some hidden overclocking options (or related things) onboard.

Here is a link to the driver page.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K52JR&p=3&os=29

Go to bios, then at Bios version 214 click "global" to direct-download the file. I can provide pictures of the bios as it stands if someone needs me to. =) Thank you very much for your time!

EDIT: Fixed link
Nevermind, I have taken the initiative to learn how to and then mod the bios myself. Most menus and options have been enabled and are now accessible and changeable through bios. Tested and working on my Asus k52Jr laptop.
UPDATED: Almost every single option available, still working on Chipset options (Uncluding GPU control!).
UPDATED: Same options are available as mod v2.0, however I have made the following GPU changes:

-Disabled Gfx Low Power Mode
-DVMT Pre-allocated memory increased from 32mb default to 128MB, and set the -DVMT Total Gfx Mem to MAX.
-Changed LCD Panel Color Depth from 18-bit to 24-bit.
-Set force panel scaling

These settings are not currently accessible from the Chipset menu in Bios, but will be once I work the kinks out.

Of course, I have tested these settings out on my laptop and everything works just fine. However, if something goes wrong with your computer, don't blame me :p.
I've downloaded your edited bios file and did exactly the same to my bios (ASUS K42JY), bioses are pretty much similar, i was able to unlock IGD settings, but when I enable it does nothing, OS doesn't recognize it.