Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus k52Jr Unlocked Bios Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have completed a menu-options unlock for the bios of the Asus K52Jr. Use at your own risk. Not everything is unlocked yet, I will release a later revision with everything else unlocked. Advanced options menu has most features enabled now, and thermal options are now visible and changeable.
UPDATE: Almost all options are unlocked. Im working on unlocking the Chipset configuration settings (North Bridge & South Bridge, including GPU control). Everything else appears to be working fine. Use at your own risk, if you mess your computer up it isnt my fault. Happy flashing!
UPDATED: Same options are available as mod v2.0, however I have made the following GPU changes:

-Disabled Gfx Low Power Mode
-DVMT Pre-allocated memory increased from 32mb default to 128MB, and set the -DVMT Total Gfx Mem to MAX.
-Changed LCD Panel Color Depth from 18-bit to 24-bit.
-Set force panel scaling

These settings are not currently accessible from the Chipset menu in Bios, but will be once I work the kinks out.

Of course, I have tested these settings out on my laptop and everything works just fine. However, if something goes wrong with your computer, don't blame me :p.
Hi.
I have made the flash update to my K25Jr with this file... and now is dead...
I'm wondering if anyone have the bin file for program the bios again, the file on Asus site have 2048 k and the original file for programing file have 4096k

Can help please.
how can i boot with this file? what shall i do ?
Hi, how i can get the unlock file? I have o couples think that i need to do with my old laptop, trying to make it a littler more usable, im trying to install and external graphics card adapter, but it seem the bios white list dont let me do that, the other thing im trying is an upgrade to i7 procesor, i pick up a 720qm, do you think this unlock can help me to do this?

Thanks!!!
reycotech
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Hi there are the screenshots, i was trying to use the winflash aplication bios update but do not work, wich may be the way to update with this files?
It's AMI BIOS. Use afudos
BTW: This notebook supports CPU with Arrandale core only.
Ok i will try and notice you, thanks..
Pages: 1 2