Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Pavillion dv7t-6c00 F.1C (sp60655) whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried the downloads but it didn't work for me, Ran the EXEs from both places and just got an error message.

(06-28-2013, 10:39 AM)tavus Wrote: [ -> ]Did this mod work??

I tried the Download but the EXEs didn't work. If they could be uploaded again.
@everyone This bios mod was just to prove to wassup123 that RSA signed bios are currently unmoddable. I talked with him through private messages and all attempts ended up in an instant brick.

I don't recommend that anyone should try flashing the bios I uploaded. I will brick you computer.

Unless your persistent enough to crack the numbers used in the RSA algorithm, it's unlikely that RSA bios will be moldable anytime soon.
(06-28-2013, 04:28 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your persistent enough to crack the numbers used in the RSA algorithm, it's unlikely that RSA bios will be moldable anytime soon.
I have the same BIOS in my laptop. According to this article, I can dump my current decrypted version of BIOS. If I give it to you, could it be modded and uploaded back to laptop without brick?
(07-13-2013, 04:39 PM)spynet41 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same BIOS in my laptop. According to this article, I can dump my current decrypted version of BIOS. If I give it to you, could it be modded and uploaded back to laptop without brick?
We can already decrypt it. The problem happens because the key in the bios isn't updated to reflect the modifications. So when your computer starts up to verify the integrity of the bios, it fails this check and results in a brick.

I'd like to personally try some more stuff before I fully give up on these types of bios though. If anyone wants to donate a computer to me with RSA unmoddable bios I'd be very greatful Big Grin
(07-15-2013, 03:03 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2013, 04:39 PM)spynet41 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same BIOS in my laptop. According to this article, I can dump my current decrypted version of BIOS. If I give it to you, could it be modded and uploaded back to laptop without brick?
We can already decrypt it. The problem happens because the key in the bios isn't updated to reflect the modifications. So when your computer starts up to verify the integrity of the bios, it fails this check and results in a brick.

I'd like to personally try some more stuff before I fully give up on these types of bios though. If anyone wants to donate a computer to me with RSA unmoddable bios I'd be very greatful Big Grin

Any news concerning this bios after all this time?
Pages: 1 2