Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire M1600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Motherboard Name: Acer F671CR
BIOS Type: Award
Award BIOS Type: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Motherboard ID: 07/04/2007-SiS-671-6A7IGFK8C-00
Bios Version: R01-CO
Link: ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/desktop/aspire_m...C0-DOS.zip

Would it be possible Unlocked overclocking feature and support more than 4GB ram? at BIOS it only shows 3.2GB ram eventhough i have 4GB ram installed.

Thanks and more power
That's not a bios limitation you are experiencing. When you are using a 32bit OS, it cannot address all 4gb of ram, so the solution is upgrading to a 64bit version of windows that has way better support for memory bandwidth, size, and cpu to ram communication.

TheWiz
Im using a Windows Xp x64 sp2 and it only shows 3.2GB ram and in bios it only shows 3.2GB total available ram..

[Image: computersummary.JPG]
Have you tried upgradng to SP3?

And theres a possibility that your 512MB Video card is taking it off your 4gb. Total available memory is total (4gb) minus any video card ram and other things that the system automatically takes memory for

Regards
Admin
SP2 is the last/latest update for windows xp x64..i dont think my video card is taking away some of my ram coz i have a dedicated video card.. I think it is on my bios, coz in my bios it only shows 3.1GB ram total memory available which is kinda weird. Sad
There is a SP3 download available on the Microsoft home if its not showing up in windows update. Whats your dedicated memory? Is there anyway u can throttle back the cideo memory size to see if it adds to it.

TheWiz
512Mb thats the default memory of my dedicated video card (not onboard vcard). Unlike in Vista and Win7 some of the extra ram is being used in vcard i dont know in case of xp. Sad