Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Pls unlock Phoenix Bios 1.70 11-JAN-2004 (Toshiba Satellite S1950-801)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have been using the same laptop at work since 2003. It's a gift from my father and it's working great after all these years, although ofc I am using a large cooling pad and the vacuum cleaner in sucking mode to clean it inside.

Here's its specs:

Toshiba Satellite S1950-801
CPU: Intel Northwood Pentium 4@2.8GHz, single core, single thread, 130nm
GPU: Nividia Geforce4 460 Go 64MB AGP 8X
2 GB DDR Memory@ 333 MHz
Motherboard: Intel 845 PE Chipset
:-)

[Image: 113cms.jpg]
[Image: clipboard01tz.jpg]

Here's it's GPUZ data, overclocked:

[Image: 2e9v.jpg]
====================================================

It's Bios data is as follows (taken from EVEREST):

BIOS TYPE: Phoenix
BIOS VERSION: 1.70
SYSTEM BIOS DATE: 11 JAN 2004
COMPANY NAME: PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED

Link to my laptop's BIOS:

http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-file...123226.zip
====================================================

The laptop has got a booting time from BIOS to windows of just 29 seconds, and it can run all office software and adobe acrobat etc without slows or freezes.

I upgraded it's RAM to 2GB (it had 512 MB!) after I found a specialized shop in Germany that sold DDR laptop memory and I have been recently able to overclock its GPU Core by 15% and its GPU RAM by 33%, as well as tightening its RAM timings through the Memset software which lowered the RAM's latency by 10% as well as improving memory bandwidth.

I am basically expecting to be able to overclock its CPU, RAM and FSB slightly (about 10%) through the uncovering of the hidden options in BIOS. Unfortunately, utilities such as CLOCKGEN and CPUFSB do NOT work with my laptop as it's very, very old and its PLL is not included in the list of the above mentioned software's PLL list and hence it cannot be overclocked through these utilities.

I am a power user and I have been into overclocking since Socket 775 days. I love PCs and I am always trying to tweak a PC rather than throw it away.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Edit: What you can play with my laptop:

-Medieval Total War
-Rome Total War
-Shogun Total War
-Warcraft III
-World of Warcraft Vanilla
-World of Warcraft MoP (it is sufficient to log in and post auctions)