Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MCP61PM-GM mobo unluck (gateway)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i hav an eMachines 1331G-o3w with an AMD II X2 Regor 2.7Ghz processor and 6GB of RAM. ya, i nkow, why would i EVER need to OC this thing. if anyone agrees with tht question, BECUZ I WANNA. anyone have an unlock or anything for this BIOS? PO1-A0
model-MCP61PM-GM
I could answer that if, um, you posted a BIOS LINK?

Thanks,
TheWiz
I own an emachines ET1331G-07w
This PC has the following motherboard model: MCP61PM-GM REV: 2.4 15-V06-012400

Below I have posted two links to separate BIOS images/roms posted on the same date at the emachines website. I would greatly appreciate if someone could take a look them and possibly attempt to unlock the FSB, RAM, Multiplier, or any other settings that have been locked by the OEM.

BIOS eMachines BIOS(Linux) (more...) P01.A2L 1.6 MB 2010/01/19

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...1613612460&Step1=Desktop&Step2=ET Series&Step3=ET1331G&OS=722&LC=en&BC=eMachines&SC=PA_6E

BIOS eMachines 1. Fixes S3 Keep Lighting, PS2 KB/MS cannot wakeup issue. P01.A2 1.6 MB 2010/01/19

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...0702464192&Step1=Desktop&Step2=ET Series&Step3=ET1331G&OS=722&LC=en&BC=eMachines&SC=PA_6E
Hi Mcurran,

If you check our our special ABIT BIOS for the MCP61 OEM boards you'll see we've used the same BIOS with every feature imaginable on these boards with success. While your board is very similar I do not have any confirmed tests for this model saying that the ABIT image worked. Before I try to mod the current eMachines BIOS, please send a PM to :MrTangoWhiskey" on our support team who is an expert with the MCP61 and see if he knows of any confirmed results.

Thanks,
TheWiz
,If you check our our special ABIT BIOS for the MCP61 OEM boards you'll see we've used the same BIOS with every feature imaginable on these boards with success. While your board is very similar I do not have any confirmed tests for this model saying that the ABIT image worked.

Just wanted to know if anyone with this board has had success. I had no luck with any Abit bios files. I did have an Asus M2-NMX bios work. CPU temp is incorrect and fan is on full speed. 3 and 4 core cpu supported. FSB has adjustable settings. Maybe it could be recoded to work better. Here is link : http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=loNjR1kiB2uHkijb&templete=2
I tried the custom ABIT BIOS and it works, but there are no unlocked features other than HT frequency, which is useless. The BIOS tools show possible features might be unlockable, but I haven't had any success...
Hi i am new here and i have a question.. i have an emachines 1331g05w and i was wanting to kno if there is a bios update for me? i am going to switch from the 250u 1.6ghz amd dual core to a 255 or possibly 260 x2 dual core any help would be greatly appreciated..
Yeah, BUMP: Any updates on this motherboard? Anyone got any cool mods completed yet? Definitely would like to see some overclocking features: FSB, RAM frequencies, or even multiplier if we're special enough. Come on!