Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway GT5622 - ECS 945G-NM Cpu upgrade request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey friends, I recently found this site and wanted some help with my motherboard. My board is currently a ECS 945G-NM, and only after ordering a new processor, I learned that it was not compatible with the board. I stupidly assumed that any LGA 775 processor would work.

Anyway, the bios is available on the first link on this page: http://support.gateway.com/support/drive....asp?st=pn¶m=4006244R

I honestly have no idea what to do, I just don't my 14 dollars wasted, haha. The specs page for the board states that it only supports Prescott and Tejas processors. I am running some p4 one currently, and the one I want is a Intel Core 2 Duo E6550.

Just some additional info, there is no image when I boot up my PC with the E6550 in, but it works fine with the P4. If you need anymore info, please tell me. I would really like help. Thanks!

Edit: I found out how to insert microcode into my bios, but I don't know which one to use. I found it in the resources/downloads section of this site.