Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BIOS Posts but blank screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am having a bit of an issue with my computer. I attempted my first mod, by changing the logo when the system starts.

Okay I gotta make this short as I got my woman over for New Years. Btw, happy new year Big Grin

So the board is an M3A78 Pro. After flashing my modded BIOS the system POSTs and the screen turns on and the blinking cursor appears for a few seconds.

Its an AMIBIOS so I tried using the AMIBOOT.ROM file on a floppy and attempting to recover from the flash but no luck. even after using the ALT+HOME combination nothing.

i really dont wanna build a new system before the new 2010 tech comes out.

thanks.
happy new year people
Tried removing the CMOS Battery? Waiting 5 minutes and then putting it back in?

And also , the AMIBOOT.ROM recovery moethod calls for Ctrl and Home to be pressed , not Alt and Home!

Hope this helps you recover!

If you would like a logo replacement , we could do that for you Big Grin

Regards
Admin
(01-01-2010, 06:57 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Tried removing the CMOS Battery? Waiting 5 minutes and then putting it back in?

And also , the AMIBOOT.ROM recovery moethod calls for Ctrl and Home to be pressed , not Alt and Home!

Hope this helps you recover!

If you would like a logo replacement , we could do that for you Big Grin

Regards
Admin

thanks for the response.

I had a typo last night. I tried using the Ctrl+Home keys. I don't know what I was thinking about last night.

anyways, I was doing some research last night, and it looks like the AMIBOOT.ROM method won't work as it doesn't have ASUS's CrashFree feature.

i would have gotten someone to do it for me, but I can be really hard headed, so I like to do it myself. but it looks as if this time, I may be paying for it.