Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need help with splash screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, First I am a complete newb to all of this BIOS stuff, never mess with this other than updating it.

Now, I have a Dell Lat. D620. that I bought used from someone. All works well no problem except when you first turn on the laptop on the Dell Splash screen (screen that has F2Bios or F12 boot option) Right up above the Dell logo in white letters is his last name followed by something about blaze or some crap? Also the same is written if you go to bios under the Ownership Tag and Asset tag.

I would just like to change this back to normal, Just blank or any onwnership tag and my main concern is taking the white print off the Dell splash logo. He says his cousin did it and has no idea how to remove it.

I already tried removing cmos for about an hour or so and it did nothing. I also upgraded from A02 to the A10 I now have installed and still nothing.

Again I am new to this so please explain best as possible. Thanks for any help!

Ok so I am using the Dell CCTK and I see where it says create changes and I am able to change the configuration from his last name to nothing but i don't see how I can save this? Am I suppose to export the new configuration or what? Everytime I try exiting it says it will discard changes but I don't see where it says to keep the changes?

Ok so I am using the Dell CCTK and I see where it says create changes and I am able to change the configuration from his last name to nothing but i don't see how I can save this? Am I suppose to export the new configuration or what? Everytime I try exiting it says it will discard changes but I don't see where it says to keep the new changes?
create a bootable msdos usb stick, extract content of this archive to it, boot in msdos and try svctag.
thank you. Will give it a try now. Will clearing the asset or ownership tag also get rid of his last name on bios splash screen?

(09-06-2013, 12:12 PM)Florin9doi Wrote: [ -> ]create a bootable msdos usb stick, extract content of this archive to it, boot in msdos and try svctag.

You're the man. It's gone. Gave you a rep. Appreciate it.