Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 CPU Support Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello,

All I was doing some google and found some interesting information here on using a better processor like a am3 with sli590-s5 . It seems this thread is two years+ old so did anyone get a bios mod to work?

Thanks in advance.
Ketan
Same as above came across this topic from a google search.

Any progress with a BIOS update??

I have a AMD Phenom x4 9500 that I am desperate to use with this board!

Would be great if I could get this processor to run on this board.
I found the motherboard again, now I just need to find that confounded power supply.
I feel adventurous, I'm going to cross flash the board.
Any update on this friends?
I couldn't get it to flash yet, I'm kind bad at this.
Bump. I can't get the EVGA bios from the EVGA support site to flash, awdflash rejects the /f flag and won't flash without it, citeing model number mismatch as the reason why.
Code:
awdflash 612w2p36.bin /CC /CD /CP /F /R /PY /SN
I have a means to reflash the board if I brick it.
Hi I read the other thread concerning the gam59sli-s5 but there doesn't seem to be a conclusion-no custom bios for phenom II cpu support for this board.

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...rt-Upgrade

I'm starting a new topic because there weren't many replies for the last posts?

I still have this board and was looking to  see if someone can work on getting phenom II support for this board. Please let me know and thanks in advance. I have a athlon II x2 250 for testing, haven't bought a phenom II processor yet though, waiting to see if there is a custom bios.
I'm new here. I was looking for GA-MA59SLI-S5 modding BIOS to work AM2+ or AM3 CPUs.
But, oh well... There aren't manys who can do that...

(I don't want to use a flashing on my motherborad, because i'm afraid if it's bricked BIOS.)
I'm back again, can I request that TheWiz look into this again, I would like to put in a phenom II x6 processor
i flashed the evga test bios and some of the custom ones. It does successfully flash, except there is a problem where my computer when turned off it wont post. If i keep it on and restart to windows it seems to work, haven't tried with different processors yet. Also my internal floppy drive stops working and so does the com port and firewire controller. It says this in device manager. Good thing the board has dual bios. Can anybody fix this or help out with these issues thanks in advance.

USing a athlon 64 x2 5000+ currently
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6