Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Touchsmart iQ820sc BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I have a problem finding out what kind of BIOS does my touchsmart-pc have exactly. When i go to BIOS in boot, it says only (v02.61 American Megatrends) and (Bios Revision 5.07 97/24/2009). So there is no mention of "Phoenix BIOS" or "AMI BIOS" etc..

The reason i want to unlock the OC options for my BIOS is that i recently upgraded my touchsmart iq820sc pc with a P9600 CPU and a 9600M GT (oc'd) GPU, even it states 9600M GS, because i had to solder the HP "hardware lock" chip from my GS --> GT. I have allready done the "slic" thing, but my BIOS still has no options for OC, voltages etc.

Touchsmart is a good PC for overclocking, because it has the proper heatsinks for cooling, so it does not have the problems of a regular laptop. The CPU + GPU both have their own heatsinks with fans.

The BIOS i have "http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3849080&prodNameId=3870770&swEnvOID=2100&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=pv-74471-1"
Anyone ?
Hello. I used the AFUWIN to extract the BIOS. Here it is