Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: n7010 a11 bios need help with user defined data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i own a small computer shop in western ky. i have a customer with a pawn shop purchased laptop that boots fine, but has a bios password from previous owner. returning it is not an option as it was purchased two years ago. like i said, it boots fine, but i need into the bios, and......
anyway, is there a way to flash a bios that wipe all data, including the bios passwords saved in the eeprom?

also, i figured a way to downgrade to a07 from a11, then i upgraded to
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Dell-N7010
after each flash i checked to see if i could get into bios....to no avail
listen i own a computer shop, this isn't my grandmas laptop that i've stolen, and the old lady who brought it in didn't either.
we live in a town of about 8k people, not a lot of laptop snatching going on here. contacting dell is not an option.
i actually need to turn off the usb controller, it has an issue, and you cant hardly use the pc for it popping up found unidentified device every 2 seconds..... also i need to change sata mode so i can put xp on it for this old lady.....
xp disc with sata not an option either

also, i see that winplash64 has some /switches
apparently,
/C Clear CMOS checksum after programming is what the winflash readme says
will that do it? i worried it will change the boot order, and i wont be able to log in and change it