Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Create a BIOS bootable device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
First of all, I am totally new to this forum so I didn't really know where to post this so I'll post it in General. I recently installed Windows 7 ultimate on my Acer Aspire E380. I had a little problem when I was starting my computer though. It was always asking for the Windows 7 CD to boot the computer, even when in setup it was set to Hard disk boot. I wanted to fix this so I went on Acer's website and downloaded the BIOS update for Acer Aspire E380 Windows 7:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...3264179701&Step1=Desktop&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire E380&OS=V10&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_7.
When I tried to update (4-5 times), I was always getting an error saying that a file (FWH ROM if I'm right) was write-only protected ( or something like that) and when I tried to restart my computer, it showed me a black screen and my computer is making a long non-stop BIIIP sound. So I need a a boot device on CD for an Aspire E380 Windows 7. I think that's all so thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english.

-Serguei