Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire M7721
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I was wondering if any genius would give a go of unlocking the Acer Aspire M7721 bios so I could overclock my i7 920 processor. I saw there was an unlock for the M7720 but I am not sure if it would work and just make my computer useless.

Here is the link to the latest version of the bios form Acer's site: Bios Download
Hey Matt,

Seems we have sorted the issue, and the BIOS has been modded with the same features in the m7720.

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/Acer/m7721modA.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/m7721mod.rom

TheWiz
(01-04-2010, 07:04 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Matt,

Seems we have sorted the issue, and the BIOS has been modded with the same features in the m7720.

TheWiz

Dam that was quick thank you very much Big Grin Will test when I get home.

edit: It installed fine and windwos boots up so great job. But I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link Speed this is still good but I am wondering if you can unlock the settings to change the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage so I can do a proper overlcok on my system but if you cant unlock those settings then its fine I will just have to live with what I have got Tongue
Yeah, we always enable all we can, so that's all we can offer you.

Thanks,
TheWiz
matt,

what's the safe way to upgrade the bios to the modified one so that certain options will be unlocked and available?

thanks.

Smile

(01-04-2010, 12:44 PM)mattjd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2010, 07:04 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Matt,

TheWiz

Dam that was quick thank you very much Big Grin Will test when I get home.

edit: It installed fine and windwos boots up so great job. But I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link Speed this is still good but I am wondering if you can unlock the settings to change the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage so I can do a proper overlcok on my system but if you cant unlock those settings then its fine I will just have to live with what I have got Tongue
Tthe instructions are on the first page...
Well Done my friends,....

Everthing works fine with the dos USB bootdisk . Thanks for the support ....

But hmmm... I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link Cool ,nice job .....

But i need more can you also unlock the settings to change the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage so I can overclock my system better with fast 3D renders .... for Vue 8.5 etc...

Nobody works for free , so if you need a donation ...

Let me know what you think, about this .....

Ps . what is the difference between this ....

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...Acer-m7720 etc....

Hi quella,

Honestly I have no idea what the reference to the mydigitallife link was, it wasn't really a request so I can't compare it to what's been done here much. As for unlocking those additional options, this BIOS has no more hidden features. If you wanted more I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.

TheWiz
(08-14-2010, 10:59 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi quella,

Honestly I have no idea what the reference to the mydigitallife link was, it wasn't really a request so I can't compare it to what's been done here much. As for unlocking those additional options, this BIOS has no more hidden features. If you wanted more I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.

TheWiz

Hi my friend TheWiz,

Thanks for your fast answer, amazing....Smile

At this moment with the unlocked bios for the aspire m 7721, there is no more hidden content , well done....Big Grin

But hmmm... I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link l and a few other settings,ok not bad .....

However we can not change all the settings...: for example the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage etc....Sad grrrrrrrrrrrr...

We can see the content , but we can not adjust the content (), gr............Sad

Ps ,
What do you mean :

I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.Tongue

(08-15-2010, 06:14 PM)quella Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2010, 10:59 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi quella,

TheWiz

Hi my friend TheWiz,

Thanks for your fast answer, amazing....Smile

At this moment with the unlocked bios for the aspire m 7721, there is no more hidden content , well done....Big Grin

But hmmm... I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link l and a few other settings,ok not bad .....

However we can not change all the settings...: for example the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage etc....Sad grrrrrrrrrrrr...

We can see the content , but we can not adjust the content (), gr............Sad

Hi my friend TheWiz,

Yeah ,... you are right , we need a spare Bios chip , for testing ,if something go wrongs , ....Confused

Another solution is maybe rewrite the AEGIS Panel foxconn Software overclock utility, so that this is working with the acer aspire 7721 motherboard from foxconn.

Just a idea,

Quella,Big Grin