Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS Pro72VN AMI BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody!

Finally I found a forum about BIOS modding Smile

So my question is if it's possible to unlock the AMI Bios from the ASUS Pro 72VN?
I flashed the newest Bios (203) (http://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/sons...ersion-203) from this Homepage.

Maybe someone can help me, I want to unlock OC-features (FSB, Bus/Core Ratio, fan-speed) to overclock it.

grtz. and thanks a lot!
Just to make sure - what is your exact notebook model?

You've written Pro72VN, but there's no official BIOS v.203 on ASUS' site.

The link you posted is for the X71Vn model, and still isn't listed here (although there is v.207).

P.S. The BIOS from the German site has no hidden options whatsoever.
Hello presola,

the exact notebook model is Pro72VN, but at the moment I flashed the v.203 BIOS from the german site because the fan works now much better than before.

The BIOS entries are the same like in the orginal ASUS BIOS (v.200) without OC-functions.

Grtz.
Unfortunately, neither the v.200 for the Pro72VN, nor the v.207 for the X71Vn contain any hidden options.

The only overclock solution so far is trying software like SetFSB.
Hm, well, I tried SetFSB but it don't works.
Is there no other way to mod the BIOS or flash an other BIOS?

Grtz.
Well, there might be some other similar model to yours with overclocking options enabled , but I wouldn't recommend blind flashing.
ok, then it looks like I can't OC/UC my Laptop :/

but thanks for all
Usually, the OS itself downclocks the processor when not in use. Also, some tools like Notebook Hardware Control can lower the CPU voltage below the factory set.
Yes, I tested NHC too but it works not as good as the Power 4 Gear Software from ASUS... My OS UC with the multiplier (from 6-10) but I hoped to find a BIOS edit or mod to OC too.
I downloaded the MMTool for BIOS mods but I don't understand it and havn't seen any tutorials.
Hello again, I find out that my Mainboard is the X71VN, the Notebook model is Pro72VN. I flashed now the v207 BIOS for X71 Series and it works good without crashes or anything else. Is there a solution for the v207 BIOS to mod?

Now with my new Windows 7 I can finally use SetFSB or tools like this but I can't find my clock generator PLL Sad
Pages: 1 2