Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help with flashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently recovered from a bad flash. Ended up having to purchase another chip. The chip I received was a PMC, the original is a SST. What I want is to flash the modded bios I was using onto the new chip. But I always get an error about not matching lock-strings or something. And for the first time EVER awdflash WILL NOT use the /f switch. If I don't include the /f switch it runs then tells me about the error I mentioned. My first thought is that it's because it recognizes that it's a different part number or something, so thats where the /f switch comes in. I am at a loss with this, if anyone knows a work around I would love to hear it, thanks.
[Resolved]

Boiled down to (I think, but feel certain) having the wrong version of awdflash. The bad flash that started this as I mentioned, also screwed up my primary hdd so I had to use my system image to get back. When that happened I lost my awdflash I always used because I never moved that file into my archive hdd (dummy!). So I got online and just grabbed any one I could find, had choices and went with the latest version I saw 899. I was figuring that "normally" a higher version = better, like how most all programs end up. But appearently this is the exception. Info I found on the web was vague, but somehow the version is relevant to the bios that you are using, I guess, still haven't quite grasped this. But, however, whatever, I started over, went back to the post in the forums the bios image came from and grabbed the awdflash that was also supplied, and voila, fixed.