Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ECS G553 Update request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

df1paw

Motherboard: ECS G553
Bios Version: 050414
Download URL: http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs/bio...53_414.exe

Hi!
Would you please help me with an updated version of the above Bios? The Bios is from 2005 - and I hope you can provide an updated version.

There are some problems with this Bios version:
for example the ACPI DSDT table is broken - but I'm running Linux and so I can provide my own table to the kernel as a work around.

I hope an update is technically feasible and you can help with with this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Andreas
Hi Mate

Im sorry but theres nothing to unlock in your bios and i am not currently aware of how to fix buggy DSDT tables for Linux. Il have a read up on it and then try again when i know what im doing!!

Sorry Again

Admin

df1paw

(06-19-2009, 09:07 PM)Administrator Wrote: [ -> ]Im sorry but theres nothing to unlock in your bios and i am not currently aware of how to fix buggy DSDT tables for Linux.

No big problem - I can work around that. There's another issue: not all DIMM modules work without problems. Is there any way to improve RAM initialization? May be by importing the Bios core from another Intel 855GM/GME ICH4-M based PC?

Regards,
Andreas
This would be far too risky and the chances of bricking your board by using bits of another bios is something like 9 in 10 !!!

I dont have the strength to try it lolTongue