Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Emahines w3410 Features Unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. First, I apologize if this is going into the wrong section. I considered putting it in the section for specific features but I'm not specifically needing just one of the hidden features. Gateway stopped making BIOS updates for my computer so I can't just get newer than what I have.

I have an Emachines w3410 that I just added a SATA HDD to on the SATA controller. There is no option present in BIOS to enable AHCI mode for SATA (I only have SATA DISABLED or IDE INTERFACE). I would like to unlock it for better transfer rate (the drive is already better than the IDE but is not getting the max speed at all). I also don't seem to have any RAID options in the BIOS. Those two features are what I care about the most. These features should be compatible with the board to my understanding.

I am unsure what else I need but I would like all hidden options if possible for the most customization. I am trying to get the most I can out of this old computer. The new drive helped a bit as well as the PCI-E video card I added awhile back. Hopefully someone can write me a flash-able bios update that allows me the hidden features.

I appreciate the effort if someone decides to help me on this. Below is the info about the bios and I have attached a backup of it I made with a Universal BIOS Backup Kit I found on another forum.

BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award
BIOS ID: 06/12/2005-RS480-SB400-6A666M4HC-00
BIOS Date: 2005.06.12
BIOS Vendor: Unknown
BIOS Version: W7145AE7 V1.09 061205 16:43:47 - 6.00 PG
BIOS Size: 524288
Chipset: Athlon 1100 rev 0
Motherboard Name: Gateway
Motherboard Model: W3410
System Name: Unknown
System Model: Unknown
Base Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR