Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: New Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I am quite knowledgeable about computer parts, software, etc. but I have never attempted such a thing as modifying the BIOS on my system.

I do not really understand the different BIOS types such as "Award" or "AMI" or the others. Right now I was just hoping someone could give me a few links to information on them so that I can read on them and understand them and the differences better. That way I can understand what type mine is.

Any links to information on modifying them would be very helpful also. My eventual goal is to modify the BIOS on my laptop. Its a version of the Samsung NP300E5C. It has a very limited BIOS and I just want to add features such as adjust RAM frequency and timings, maybe add the ability to change the BOOT order.

I don't plan to change the CPU settings, while I would love to be able to undervolt or overclock it a little by having control of the FSB, its not my plan.

Any help would be much appreciated.