Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [HELPING TO] HP envy 15 j071sf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys !

I need accessing to more settings on my bios. Ideally, AHCI should be enought but if I can have all settings this would be awesome !

I don't really want someone making this for me, I'd like to be helped out for making it myself Smile

Infos :
-Bios Version: F.35
-Bios Revison: 3.7
-Bios Type : Insyde UEFI
-Setup menu screenshot : HERE
-Original Bios URL : HERE
-Dumped .bin URL : HERE

I've tried andy's tool but without the dump, it don't open it.
I had to dump my bios file. Tried the "easy way" as mentionned on the wiki but it doesn't worked. So I've used far manager with mounted X partition.

Then, the .bin file can be opened with andy's tool and I tried many things. All methods listed on @Donovan6000's blog didn't work.
The tools he make don't open my file or don't find any strings (after using fptw.exe). I read some comments and figured that I probably have an UEFI bios so that why the tools doesn't worked for me.

Well, I tried using this How To (EFI shel method) but the script don't work (returning 2 errors mentionned on some posts of the thread) and @FalseClock haven't been here for months..

Oh and I read this sticky post about RSA signed bios requests but I can't figure if my bios is RSA signed or not.. Andy's tool don't open both of the .fd (according to this post, it's not signed) but the name of the files start with 01 (according to the same post, it's signed) so if anyone can help me figuring out it would be great ! Smile

Well, thanks for reading, I'm hoping that someone would help me trought this! Blush

PS : And yeah, I made another request on @FalseClock's thread but I assume this won't be answered before a long time. Can delete it if needed.
Woops, wrong button, wanted to edit, sorry !