Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway DX4850-43c BIOS Unlock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

First off, the rig was on sale at Canada Computers for 500$ so it was a good deal Tongue
Anyway, -->This <--would be my BIOS that is flashed right now.

I have an i5-2300 and I know that you can overclock it by 400MHz on a Z68 or P68 motherboard, I have H68.

I'm aware that you might need a BIOS dump, instruct me on how to do this and I'll upload it here on the forums.

Anyway, think this BIOS can be unlocked?
oh, one last thought: What are the chances of bricking the mobo? I have zero experience in recovering corrupted BIOS's...

Thanks in advance!
AMIBCP v4.5 can open, edit and save the BIOS, I set all the options I wanted to access level "user". Flashed it, but no new options. Am I doing something wrong?
(11-21-2013, 07:40 PM)Silver_Pharaoh Wrote: [ -> ]AMIBCP v4.5 can open, edit and save the BIOS, I set all the options I wanted to access level "user". Flashed it, but no new options. Am I doing something wrong?

Well I don't like to leave threads dead.

That motherboard was killed last month. My Radeon 6850 drew too many amps through the ATX connector.

Thus, there is no BIOS to mod anymore.

For those curious, I bought a Gigabyte Z77-HD4, my i5-2300 is now running happily at 3.4 Ghz! (33x104.5) Smile

Cheers.
This thread can be closed.