Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the WI-fi on my laptop to an Intel AC-7260 wireless adapter to take advantage of the new 802.11ac standard. It's not working.. when I put the new adapter in my laptop I get a solid underscore for about a minute then the computer crashes and restarts.

I have been searching for the last 8 hours (at least) for a solution to this. According to several forums I found this network adapter is not part of the white list on the bios. I'm hoping that's something that can be fixed.

All of the links that I found to a fixed bios without a white list are either dead or don't fix the problem. I am hoping you guys can lend me a hand and help me get this working by either removing the white list from the bios or having the new adapter added to it.

Thanks in advance,
Skiehawlk

Laptop - Acer Aspire 5552g-7641
Bios - Insyder bios
Bios version - 2.14
Link to current version - Current driver
Hello.

This answer may be a bit late.. Anyway, yesterday i also tried to install a Intel 7260 to my Acer 5552g and i had the same problem, the computer does not even boot. I found that the problem has to do with the bluetooth on the Intel 7260. The only fix i have found so far is to put some tape over the two usb pins on the mini pci-e port. After doing that the wifi and everyting except bluetooth works fine.
Today i found another solution, which doesn't disable bluetooth functionality. Instead of putting tape on the usb pin you can flash the unlocked bios for 5551g / 5552g by Camiloml (I uploaded it in the link below.)

http://www.speedyshare.com/x5mg8/100-Acer-A-5552-BIOS-Acer-2.14-UlkMenus-ByCamiloml.exe

After you flashed, boot in to bios and find Advanced -> USB Configuration and disable USB Legacy. Two things will happend. You can no longer boot from USB devices but the bluetooth and wifi will work fine.

If you some day want to boot from a USB device you can go to Advanced -> Peripheral Configuration and temporarily disable OHCI1 and re enable USB Legacy, this will allow you to boot from USB but it will disable Bluetooth.
(06-22-2014, 11:33 AM)Kaffe19 Wrote: [ -> ]Today i found another solution, which doesn't disable bluetooth functionality. Instead of putting tape on the usb pin you can flash the unlocked bios for 5551g / 5552g by Camiloml (I uploaded it in the link below.)

http://www.speedyshare.com/x5mg8/100-Acer-A-5552-BIOS-Acer-2.14-UlkMenus-ByCamiloml.exe

After you flashed, boot in to bios and find Advanced -> USB Configuration and disable USB Legacy. Two things will happend. You can no longer boot from USB devices but the bluetooth and wifi will work fine.

If you some day want to boot from a USB device you can go to Advanced -> Peripheral Configuration and temporarily disable OHCI1 and re enable USB Legacy, this will allow you to boot from USB but it will disable Bluetooth.

Here 4 Tabs Unlocked by Donovan6000 :

http://rghost.net/56522662

Regards