Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Award 690HV202: Simple Mod Requested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to be able to change the amount of shared video RAM from 32mb to 128mb.

This feature exists in the BIOS but is hidden/disabled and also probably not mapped.

I tried to mod this BIOS myself using the Award BIOS Editor 1.01 (sourceforge) and the Modbin6 tool on this site.

The Award editor doesn't like this BIOS--it says that it's corrupt when you try to open it, but does open the BIN and allows you to edit some features. I found that the VGA settings I wanted were under Setup Menu>Page 2. They were listed as disabled. Also, the editor won't save a valid BIN with modifications--the "new" BIOS file it creates won't open in Modbin 6.

In Modbin, the file original BIOS opens correctly and Integrated VGA appears under Integrated Peripherals... but there's no option to enable this feature so that it appears in the BIOS menu when you start the BIOS at boot. There are also a number of BIOS options under CMOS settings that are listed as XXXXX.

Last thought: when you open the EN_CODE file in HxD, the original BIOS also seems to have a LOT of additional features disabled by default--including the option to run a 5GHZ processor (not that this kind of CPU was ever made for the S1G1 package type.)

The BIOS is attached. Thanks to anyone who can help!