Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Lol forgot about that. Anyways yes the ABIT bios is an outdated platform and it has to be the reverse proccess like this.

Hopefully this article I wrote will enlighten you all as to what I'm trying to get across, but it really requires looking at the ABIT BIOS and the ASUS and jsut seeing how different they are.

http://www.bios-mods.com/blog/

TheWiz
Well, after reading your blog, I understand why it is rather futile to try to upgrade the old Abit BIOS.

But it won't be a piece of cake to make the ASUS-BIOS stable on the KN9 either, will it?

Just from the components used, I would have guessed the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 BIOS would be more similar to my board but denbabkin has proven this wrong.

But how am I supposed to get the not quite working ASUS-BIOS off my sparechip for further testing?
HI!

I have this same motherboard and i have spare chips, so i can test new bios releases. I'm waiting for bios what works without issues on the mobo.
Do you have a Phenom or Athlon II CPU for testing, too? Because I don't have one yet.
(09-03-2010, 10:38 AM)Tigerfox Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a Phenom or Athlon II CPU for testing, too? Because I don't have one yet.

No, i had sempron 140 but i sold it couple days ago Sad
I installed asus bios to sparechip and it works!, but when booting i got same errors: fan speed .... and keyboard works slowly Rolleyes ,ps2 mouse is not working at all but it still boots to windows.
I think that asus bios is more than good to start modding it to abit Tongue
Well, what did you expect, of course you would have the same problems!

What media did you use for flashing? If you have a floppydrive, is it recognized? And try reflashing the Abit BIOS, please. I want to know if you have the same problems I had there, too.
(09-04-2010, 04:45 AM)Tigerfox Wrote: [ -> ]Well, what did you expect, of course you would have the same problems!

What media did you use for flashing? If you have a floppydrive, is it recognized? And try reflashing the Abit BIOS, please. I want to know if you have the same problems I had there, too.

I use kingston usb stic for flashing, floppydrive is recognized Big Grin
EDIT: I noticed that pci slots are not working correctly: my pci audiocard and wifi card do not work.
Oh, I didn't test that. I removed my Audgy2 ZS and my TV-card before flashing. So I could very well have had problems with them, too.
So what is next step?
Asus bios is the best choise to start modding i think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17