Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Well I'd kind of like to know if the last I posted actually works so I know which direction to head in.

TheWiz
which bios works now with the Abit KN9 and am3 support now, do you have a final version?

regards audioman
The last post with the test ROM boots an AM3 proccessor, still haven't fixed the issues that come with it though.
why you don't try the last DFI UT NF590 bios it is more similar than asus, has a digidoc and Firewire and support Phenom I X 4, so you have only to program the new cpu codes for Phenom II
Well, because the BIOSes from ASUS and Gigabyte already have Phenom II support and the chipsets is more similar (nforce 570 sli should be more similar to nforce 570 Ultra than nForce 590 SLI).

@TheWiz: I'm sorry but I didn't have enough time for further testing. I might give it another try soon but I can't promise it.
Yeah Phenom I support means its easily upgradable to support 2, but choosing the same chipset is always the perferred method.
I finally had some time for testing but I don't have very good news. I hotflashed your moded M2N-SLI Deluxe BIOS onto my sparechip.

I got the same error messages concerning the CPU-FAN and abnormalities in HW-Monitor as before when posting. However, this time I couldn't get past the post-screen. No matter if I'd choose to enter the BIOS-setup or the boot-menu after getting the error-messages, from there on I would only see the blinking cursor Teurastaja described and nothing more would happen, not even any hdd-activity. Since I had to clear CMOS to even get to the postscreen, the solution I gave Teurastaja was wrong.

concerning what Teurastaja discovered not working with the unmoded ASUS-BIOS I can confirm everything apart from PCI-Slots and PS2-mouse, which I had'nt tested. AFAIR Power SW and reset buttons or front-LEDs worked, though, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the results, when I get some freetime I will see if I can investigate it further.

TheWiz
any signs of life for this project? i have the abit k9 ultra board. but no am3 chip though. as with Tigerfox, i don't think i'm buying a processor that's won't run on the board. would be nice to get an upgrade though. this board has served me well~
Still busy?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17