Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hello guys! I have a KN9Ultra too.. don't intend to change it, works fine on my pc. Wait to see Tigerfox at work! Is someone who already did that?
All greetings! I have the ABIT KN9-S motherboard. On the official site for the ABIT it laid the same BIOS update that for KN9-Ultra / KN9-Sli
Two days ago I flash my motherboard with the firmware from the GIGABYTE GA-M55S-S3 (m55ss32.fji). The motherboard is working and now sees Athlon II 240 ..... but sensors on the motherboard do not work and USB is not working correctly. Other errors in the motherboard I have not noticed. No problem working windows7 and ubuntu 9.10 .... but USB :-( When accessing the webcam, the computer hangs in windows 7 and in Linux. I need full usb support for KN9-S.
I have a few more chips Pm49FL004T and I am ready to experiment with the BIOS.
TheWiz! Help the unfortunate holders ABIT KN9-S/KN9-Ultra/KN9-Sli.
Sorry for my English. I am from Russia.
Wow, that are wonderful news. If you can use the firmware from gigabyte so easily, it should be possible to implement the cpu-support into the original bios. auite brave of you to do that. I'm happy to hear that an Athlon II is working!
(02-14-2010, 06:47 AM)Tigerfox Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that are wonderful news. If you can use the firmware from gigabyte so easily, it should be possible to implement the cpu-support into the original bios. auite brave of you to do that. I'm happy to hear that an Athlon II is working!

+1 He is extremely brave , probably only did it cos he had the spare chips floating around! I wouldnt recommend Trying this at home guys , unless you have a pile of bios chips and a programmer knocking around!

Admin
Denbabkin, this is great work. I was looking inot this case again, and found a new NCPUCODE.BIN which adds support for even more boards.I will make some new ROMS to mess around with, just make sure you ahve your spare chips!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/K9NCPU.BIN
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/K9NCPU2.BIN

Ccongrats.

TheWiz
Hello TheWiz! Just poured your firmware to the BIOS chip, extracted from the defective motherboards. Changes and differences from the original with the official site is not much. It seems to add an item Cpu Features subparagraph Virtualization in firmware k9ncpu.bin. As I recall, in his native KN9-S / KN9-Ultra / Kn9-Sli firmware such an item was not. While I may be mistaken. Athlon II with firmware k9ncpu.bin not started. Firmware k9ncpu.bin works fine, except for support AM3 processors.
Now about firmware k9ncpu2.bin. Visible differences between it and the native firmware for Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3 I have not discovered. In still determined Athlon II 240. But USB Webcam still hangs the system, not loading from USB-CDROM, not working sensors on the motherboard.
TheWiz! How about removing stupid ABIT splash from the BIOS? It only takes place, and absolutely useless.
So while K9NCPU.bin doesn't support AM3 CPUs, K9NCPU2.bin has the same probleams like the Gigabyte BIOS?
Exactly Sad
OK, here's the deal. The K9N board does not have the neccesary file MEMINIT.BIN to support AM3, while the Gigabyte one does. Tthere is no way to import MEMINIT as it is hardcoded in a special way. I guess my next move is to add in the Power tables.

TheWiz
Oh well, that doesn't sound good. With adding in the powertables you mean you will try to use the Gigabyte BIOS as a basis and try to get the usb ports an sensors working? That doesn't leave much hope. But thanks for still trying!

EDIT: I'm sure it's a silly questiosn, but you do have AMD's BIOS Developers guide, don't you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17